Wednesday, March 2, 2011


So, yesterday was most wonderful in every way possible. My unbelievably sweet husband began my day with a gift that will continue giving for a long time to come.  I'm so humbled & incredibly thankful for all of the kind birthday messages that were sent my way.  It's such a great reminder of how rich our lives are... with friendships, family, & love. 
So, I'll give you the run down. 
After weeping (joyful tears) while reading the last blog entry, I headed just down the street to Ann's house for a weekly meeting with some lovely ladies.  I walked in to candles, quiche, cookie cake, & lots of 30 somethings all wrapped up nice & pretty. From there Hannah wisked me away to an undisclosed location where we'd be met by 3 other very special people. It was The Tea Room! That's right. We had  proper afternoon tea- salad, scones, tiny sandwiches, macaroons, gooey cake, and the works.  In stealth like fashion, Michelle had managed to grab my camera from our house to have aimed and ready at the surprise tea party.  And I'm so glad she did, because there are photos to share.  Thanks friends for making my 30th unforgettable & for kicking this birthmonth celebration off right. 
I'm forever grateful.

1 comment:

Pappy Dave said...

First off, Happy Belated Birthday. Second, it was great meeting you and your husband the other day. Also, I like your blog and your photos. Be well & God bless.
Dave Balow
(Capps Industrial & father of Katie Mathews photography.com)